TRAINING VIRTUAL CAMPUS
The Training Virtual Campus (TrainingVC) is a fully hosted and supported world-class integrated learning environment, providing a reliable and highly adaptive training & education service over the Internet. The TrainingVC delivers 24-hour learning capability that is accessible anywhere in the world, via a wide range of electronic devices.
The TrainingVC is Australia's leading cloud-based e-learning solution and is underpinned by Moodle, the world's most popular open-source learning management system. The TrainingVC is an integrated system of software applications, workflow tools and learning resources including a learning management system, learning content management system, collaboration suite and e-portfolio system.
This Victorian Government endorsed platform is available for Registered Training Organisations to have free access for the delivery of Victorian government subsidised training.
- Deliver training anywhere, anytime
- Fully hosted and integrated learning environment
- Detailed tracking and reporting
- Integration with your existing resources
- Centrally accessed learning materials
- Training and Support for self-administration
- Social learning — discussion groups, blogs, mobile learning
- Customisable to reflect your branding
- Collaboration, communication and resource-sharing functionality
The heart of the TrainingVC is the world's most popular open-source learning management system (LMS), Moodle. The LMS enables you to have full management control over your training environment and offers considerable interactivity for learning and assessment resources.
- Superior educational design
- Engaging delivery and assessment
- Secure and efficient user management
- Seamless systems integration
- Financial management capability
- A rich learning environment
- Powerful reporting capability
- World-class service
A web-based content management system (CMS) enables the creation, sharing and management of online resources. The TrainingVC CMS (powered by Equella) provides your organisation with a central location for storing and accessing online learning materials.
- Create and share course content
- Seamless integration into Moodle
- Always have the most up-to-date resources
The TrainingVC can be integrated with a range of collaboration tools that provide teachers and learners with interactive meeting spaces and the ability to easily create online course content.
When combined with the TrainingVC, virtual classrooms powered by Blackboard Collaborate provide a real-time learning experience for your learners, as instructors and learners are able to interact together in a highly supportive learning environment. All Blackboard Collaborate sessions can be recorded for future reference.
Course content can be easily created using Wimba Create, a program that enables a series of web pages with navigation and interactive features to be created from a single Word document.
- An engaging online experience for both teacher and learner
- Create and share content and collaborate online
- Easy use and set-up
- Eliminate geographical boundaries
- Track student activity and assessment
An e-portfolio is a collection of resources created by a learner that allows them to hold their work in one central online location. E-portfolios provide learners with a way to record their learning and work histories.
The Mahara e-portfolio system is fully integrated with the TrainingVC learning environment, and allows learners to create and share content with their teachers and other learners.
- Easy sharing of content with teachers and other learners
- Showcase learner skills and experiences
- Develop an online CV